Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January 26th, 2011

Its Wednesday, here we go again with another weekly winter storm.
Last summer my grandchildren and I visited The Lakota Wolf Preserve. http://www.lakotawolf.com/
Becky one of the owners, told me she could tell by the coat on her fox this would be a very cold winter.
She said her fox was holding onto last years coat because he knew he was going to need all he could get for this years long cold winter. He was right.

Today I was supposed to have a session with my dog trainer who has cancelled because she wont be able to get up my driveway. Thats a good thing because she would certainly be able to tell I havent done my homework by my unruly little pups.
Instead I will keep my date with  Earl Grey, my hook and my imagination, hmmmmmm.....
I hope to be able to get to the store and purchase some nice plump portabella or perhaps some porcini mushrooms and parmesan cheese to bake Michael Chiarellos Mushroom tart for dinner.
Thats the good or the bad thing, whichever way you look at it,  about having food network on while your working.
Doesnt that sound heavenly with a nice beet and blood orange salad with toasted pecans. Of course dinner would'nt be complete without a good vintage shiraz to go with it. Ill have to skip dessert.

My good friend Karen from The Blue Tulip and I have been invited to do the Desinger Craftsmen Show in Valley forge, Pa next weekend.
We will be listed as American Color Woolens our new partnered business, once they correct our name which is now listed as American Woven Linens.
We are thrilled after being on the wait list for many years.
I hope the weather gives us a little respite that weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I give up. What is a beet and blood orange salad? Don't think that is a Southern dish.

    Trisha

    ReplyDelete

These are a couple of pincushions I whipped up for The Designer Craftsman show this weekend.
They were allot of fun to do but allot of work too.

Mother Robin with babies pincushion.

Chickadee pincushion

The Brooklyn Bridge

The Brooklyn Bridge
Finally completed and out of my hands in its new home

As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler. Henry David Thoreau

After a nice long nap by the fireplace the girls take time out for a quick photo shoot.

The girls. Never wake sleeping babies has always been my motto.

Grow Olde With Me

Grow Olde With Me
One of my favorite most recent designs

My daughters wedding Gift

My daughters wedding Gift
My adaption of an artist rendering of the Brooklyn Bridge

Olde Time White Horse

Olde Time White Horse
Once in a while I like to do a more detailed rug.